Sunday, July 27, 2014

Distribution

The genres I chose for MA3 were the speech, the presentation, and the obituary. In regards to the speech, it would be distributed by me speaking it. To make the speech effective, I need to think who my audience is going to be and appeal to their concerns and emotions. I would have to use profound words and enticing analogies. The presentation would be distributed by a lecturer explaining it. It should contain images that further demonstrate a point that is trying to be made and the images should be entertaining enough as to hold the audience's attention. The obituary would most likely appear in a newspaper in the obituaries section. It should very briefly recount the events and people in a person's life that made them who they were and reveal what contributions they made to the world. A speech would be circulated either by word of mouth or through databases. If a speech was successful to a certain degree, it would be quoted and used as a model for other speeches (i.e. Lincoln's Gettysburg address or MLK's "I have a Dream"). It could also serve as a source for research to analyze the time period the speech was written. A presentation would circulate by means of knowledge. The different facts and figures contained in it would be made apparent to others by the people who were actually given the lecture. Obituaries circulate, again, by word of mouth. I imagine when obituaries were more used, they were read often and talked about.
 "Did you see Mr. X has passed."
"Yes I have, I saw an entry for him in the obituaries. What a shame. At least Mrs. X wrote a beautiful obituary for him to contribute to his memory."

No comments:

Post a Comment